Poetry Binder

One of my literacy stations this year is going to be a Poetry Station. I'm still working on my "I Can" cards that will go with each station, but I wanted to give a sneak peek to one of the ideas.  I want my students to have a chance to interact with a variety of poems.  I will be using poetry books at this station, but also wanted them to have a chance to read poems at their level.  This is where the Scholastic - Pick a Poem Book for Grades K-2 comes into play!
 
I love that the poems in this book are age-appropriate and also reading level appropriate, but I didn't like how the poems were set up. There were so many poems on a page and it wasn't as reader friendly for my kiddos as I wanted it to be.  So...I typed up my favorites, put them in a cute font, and added some clipart to spice them up a bit for my Poetry Station.
 

 
And, then, because I couldn't just put them in any ordinary plain binder - I decorated my Poetry Binder and put the poems in. Now, I can add poems as we go, change them out, and they're easily accessible for my kiddos to use during the Poetry Station.
 
 
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment