Teacher Week - Monday - Meet the Teacher

I'm linking up with Teacher Week 2013 and am so excited to be participating in all of the great linky parties this week.  Monday's Linky Party - Meet the Teacher.  Join in on the fun here.

 
 
1.  I recently, as of a month ago, moved to Las Vegas to be with my amazing boyfriend.  We live out in the Henderson area, but still make it to the Strip a few times a month.  One of my favorite parts of the Strip is being able to check out the Bellagio Water Show and their Gardens - the people that create these displays are amazing!
 
 
 
2. I'm starting my 7th year teaching.  I'm not sure where the time went, but somehow I'm on my 7th year of teaching.  My first year I taught 3rd grade. The last five years I taught 1st grade and this year I'll be teaching 2nd grade.  I'm excited for the new grade level, but a little nervous too.
 
3.  I love sports! I'm a huge Phoenix Suns fan (just moved from AZ) and love basketball. Works out well for me that my boyfriend is a basketball coach at a prep high school.
 
 
4. Since I love the Suns so much, my classroom decor used to be Phoenix Suns. I was literally known as the Suns teacher at my school :-).  Below is a picture of my old room. I get to start in my new room tomorrow.  Since Vegas doesn't have a pro-team looks like I'll just be going with a basketball sports theme.
 
5.  I love to shop!  I have a slight shopping addiction and my favorite store especially for teacher clothes is Ann Taylor Loft! I just love that place and could practically spend my whole paycheck there.
 
6. I love ASU.  I attended Arizona State for undergrad and will always be a Sun Devil.  I had season tickets for football for a few years and will have to still try to make it to a game or two each season.
 
 
7. I love to work out. Well, some days I love to work out. Some days I hate it, but I'm trying to be better about it. My goal is for 24 Hour Fitness and I to become best friends this year. I enjoy taking their Zumba and BodyPump classes.
 
8.  I love to travel. I don't do it enough, but this summer I was lucky enough to be able to go to Chicago (never been there before) and Santa Monica. Had a great time on both trips and am looking forward to many more.
 
 
9. I enjoy crafting. JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby are some of my other favorite shopping places. I could spend like hours walking around each place. I love trying out crafts and ideas from Pinterest. I'm not the most crafty person so they don't always turn out, but it's fun to try.



 
10. I love pool days.  I love to lounge with a good book at the pool while working on my tan. I'm sad with summer coming to an end that those pool days will be numbered, but that's the good thing about Vegas - there's still hot weather til October and of course there are weekends left for pool time.
 
Hope you enjoyed learning a few things about me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better through the linky party!
 



 

2 comments:

  1. I love that mirror craft thing! It's really cool! I love pool days too. Any day you can sit in the sun with a good book is a good day!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! Pool days are the best! I'm hoping to get a few more in the next few weekends!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete