Let's Get Acquainted - School Year Goals

I'm linking up with Latoya Reed over at Flying Into First Grade for her Let's Get Acquainted - School Year Goals linky party.  I'm at a brand new school, in a brand new grade, in a brand new district and state, so I have many goals, but I've listed my top goals below...

 
School Year Goals:
  • Live a balanced life - I'm a bit of a workaholic as many teachers are and something I need to work on is more balance. Work is important and definitely a priority, but I need to make time in my life for working out, hanging out with friends and my boyfriend, crafting, etc. 
  • Get a better system for weekly plans - Every school year I've tried to be more organized with my planning so things for the week would be done the week ahead and every year I've started well, but then failed a bit.  This year I want to have everything ready to go for the next week on Friday afternoon before I leave for the weekend.
  • Keep things clean and organized - This is another goal that I always make and little by little fall apart with.  Since this is a new school and new classroom, I have a clean slate and would like to try to work on keeping paperwork and things more organized.
  • Integrating Lessons - Last year with Common Core, we started to work on integrating lessons.  I loved it and so did the kids! This year with a new grade level and curriculum, I'd like to put together some more lessons that have integrated reading and writing with the other content areas.
 
 
I'm looking forward to checking out everybody's goals. Be sure to join the linky party!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with your first goal! My goal was very similar to that as well. You have set some good goals - thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! That balance goal is always a hard one for us teachers...

      Delete