Top Ten Tuesday - My Dream Classroom

I'm linking up again this week with Courtney over at Swimming Into Second for her Top Ten Tuesday linky party.  This week the focus is on your dream classroom.  Below are some of the things I would want for my dream classroom.

My Top Ten:

1. Space
I don't have a picture for this one, but my dream classroom would have MORE space.  I'm at a new school this year and my classroom is definitely a lot smaller than my old classroom so space is a huge must-have for me!

2. Books
Like most teachers I have a ton of books, however I always want more.  My dream classroom would have even more books than I already have and be updated with the current new favorites and also the books that tie in more with Common Core.

 
3. Seating for Small Groups
I love these cute crates used for seating for a small group. My dream room would have a few of these to use doing small group time at the horseshoe table.

 
 
4. iPads
I would love to have an iPad to use for classroom purposes (like Dojo and many other things), but would also love to have a few for the students to use in the classroom. There are so many great apps that could be used during literacy stations and math stations.

 

5. iPods
I do have an iPod that I use for music during student work time and also for brain breaks, but I would like a few more.  I would love to have iPods accessible to use during literacy stations as a listening station. I've seen many teachers do this where the kiddo take the iPod and book and off they go. 
 
6. Scotch Laminator
I'd love to have my own laminator in my classroom for easy access and use.
 

7. Paint
I would love to have a few walls painted in my dream classroom to give it a warm, homey feel.
 
 
8. Whole Group Rug
I had one of these at my old school, but don't have one yet in my new classroom. I love this rug. Everyone has a spot and the colored rows make it easy to call kids to line up or go to their seats.  

 
9. Storage
My dream classroom would have built-in storage options to store all the lovely bazillion items us teachers have.  


 
10. Windows
I'd love to have windows in my classroom to bring in light and fresh air.  I can prop a door open, but it'd be so nice to have the natural light all of the time.

 
 
I'm excited to see all the great dream classroom ideas out there! 

4 comments:

  1. It is nice to have windows! Those classroom lights can be so draining. I hope you enjoy your new classroom. Thanks for linking up!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I had skylights at my old school, which helped, but I'd really love some windows! Thanks for hosting the linky party!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  2. Let me tell you how much that laminator has saved my life. I absolutely love it. Not sure about Las Vegas, but Walmart and Target has them for $24.99-$29.99 The laminating pouches are cheaper at Target 65 for $13.99 or Sams Club has them 200 for $20. You must invest in one. You won't regret it.

    Windows are so great as well. Your new classroom sounds alot like mines. Needs quite a few upgrades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check the laminators out at Target. That price isn't too bad at all! Thanks for the info.

      Yes, our schools are probably similar. Upgrades are always good :-).

      Delete