Five for Friday - July 29

I can't believe this is the last week of July! Why does summer go so fast, yet the school year goes so slow! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday. See what I've been up to below...


On Monday, I posted the birthday bags I made for my students in my Monday Made-It. See how I put these together, here.  Super easy to make!




Like probably a lot of teachers, I've bought my fair share of Lakeshore games and products. I love Lakeshore, but tend to have so many things now (definitely a teacher hoarder) that I forget what I have.  But, with this math summer class I've been teaching I've been using some of those Lakeshore goodies I've collected over the year.  We used their telling time playing cards to play memory and War this week.
This is a super easy, quick game, and a great way to practice place value and number sense. It's called Number Splat.   I like to use this website to play "Guess My Number." I pick a magic number and kids have to ask questions to narrow down what number it is. Questions like - Is it greater than 60? Is there 2 in the tens spot? Kids love this website because it's a great visual and it makes funny noises.


It's that time of the year again....back to school shopping! Here's my haul from Sunday. I honestly didn't go too crazy, probably spent only $50 which isn't too bad lol.  I hit up all my favorites - Lakeshore Learning, Target, Michaels, JoAnn's.  What are your favorite teaching stores?? 


Last Friday, Andy and I finally got to check out T-Mobile Arena. It's the brand new arena they've built in Las Vegas on the Strip. We were able to go to the Team USA vs Argentina scrimmage. The new arena is amazing! One of the nicest ones I've been too.  Excited to check some concerts out here too!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Follow me on...

 

2 comments:

  1. There isn't a Lakeshore near me, which is probably a very good thing! I've been loving Five Below this summer. Lots of great options for flexible seating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably a good thing! Having Lakeshore close by can be dangerous for the wallet! I haven't heard of the store Five Below. I'll have to check it out!
      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete