Comparing Numbers 2.NBT.4 - And a Freebie!

I've been meaning to post about this standard and post this freebie for a few weeks, but life got in the way.  So, better late than never...

A few weeks ago we worked on comparing 3 digit numbers - specifically standard 2.NBT.4.  The kiddos did really well with this standard so we only needed a quick few days of practice and they were good to go.  Below are some ideas and pictures from our work...


Here's our anchor chart we created with vocab, symbols, and a few examples. I love creating these math anchor charts and adding to them throughout the lessons. I find the kids referencing them at later times and love that they are referring to them and using them!

 
 
We then practiced on white boards.  We started with 2 digit numbers and then moved onto 3 digit numbers.


 
I found a ton of great activities from Sunny Days Common Core Essentials Packet - that can be found here.  My kiddos loved playing the Compare and Capture game.
 



And, here's a little game I created for students to also practice comparing 3 digit numbers.  This game can be found as a freebie in my TPT store...here.
Here are a few pictures from the kids playing...



 
 
Roll and Compare - Practice with 2.NBT.4
 
Hope these ideas are helpful! Be sure to check out my Roll and Compare Game freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment