Adding 4 Numbers - 2.NBT.6

 Last week we spent a lot of time practicing adding four numbers. We started with single digit numbers.  Then, we added in some small double digit with the single digit numbers. Then, we went for it - and mixed single and double digit numbers of any size.  The kids did a wonderful job with this and I was so excited to see them using the strategies we had been working on with addition - looking for combos of 10, doubles, place value, empty number line, and break apart. My kiddos that get break apart have taken it and run with it - and I love it! These are the moments that teachers live for - seeing kids take strategies you've taught and seeing them apply to it to other situations! I'm so proud of them. 

Anyways, for some of activities that I used with my class - I have created a TPT item in my store - Adding 4 Numbers Activities.  Check it out here...

Adding 4 Numbers - 2.NBT.6
 
 
And, here's some kiddos working on they're Roll and Add Game found in my TPT pack above.



And, here's an example of the Story Problems included...
 
 
Be sure to check out my Adding 4 Numbers Packet in my TPT store!  Thanks!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment