Schema - Text to Text Connections

So this post has taken me way too long to write.  Things got super busy at school with data week and open house so unfortunately posting for the last week or two has gone by the wayside.

Anyways...here is the schema post I mentioned about two weeks ago.  We've been focusing a lot on schema in my second grade classroom.  I use Debbie Miller's, Reading with Meaning for ideas.  My last post/recent post was about Oliver Button is a Sissy and coming up with text to self connections.  The day following Oliver Button, we read the story Amazing Grace.  We then made text to text connections between the two stories.  To show our text to text connections we used a double bubble map. 


 
The kids did a great job with coming up with similarities and differences between the two books.  The double bubble map also showed it perfectly and I love being able to color coordinate things :-)!

Happy almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment