New Brain Breaks

I love, love, love using brain breaks in the classroom.  Anytime you notice a lull or a lack of participation a quick brain break is a great way to get students engaged again.  Brain breaks can be a variety of things from singing a song, doing 20 jumping jacks, or doing a little dance. My student teacher and I found these great Disney Just Dance Videos on YouTube. They have ones for "Under the Sea," "Bare Necessities," "Be Our Guest," and more.  Now, as a teacher, using YouTube videos can be a concern because you never know what ad could pop up.  Our district found this great site, that you might already know about, but if you don't I had to share.  It's called SafeShare.Tv.  It is a way to show YouTube videos in the classroom in a safe way.  You put the web address into the SafeShare website and it provides you with a safe link to use in the classroom - ad free.  The website is www.safeshare.tv.  Wonderful website and wonderful way to show some fun dance brain breaks on the Smart Board!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I had never heard of it!

    įƒ¦DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Definitely check it out - it's a great site!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this!! We have YouTube blocked by our district's server, but there are so many good videos there that I want to use with my students. I cannot wait to try this in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie!
      I totally understand that feeling. For years, I found great things on YouTube, but couldn't use them in the classroom. Hope this website helps you out!

      Jordan

      Delete
  3. Hi there. I write for an early childhood education web company called DegreeProspects.com, and came across your blog while searching for good Nevada teaching blogs. I'll be referring your site. I also have an education blog of my own and thought you might enjoy this article I wrote about brain breaks. I love them, too!

    http://teachtrainlove.com/20-brain-break-clips-fight-the-fidgeting/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bevin,
      I appreciate you checking my blog out. I will definitely check out your blog and article on brain breaks. Thanks for sharing!

      Jordan

      Delete