Spelling Station Task Cards

Here's my next set of task cards. Spelling Station is up year-round so this is a station where I change out activities every so often to keep things fresh. We have 10 spelling words each week and I have them up in a pocket chart at the spelling station table.  The kiddos then can choose from the activities below...

I know these cards look kind of big in the pictures.  I'm using cardstock from one of those packets and it's about 4 1/2 inches by 6 1/2 inches so it's not as big as it looks.



Stamping spelling words is an activity I use at the beginning of the year and usually stop around the end of 2nd quarter. The kids enjoy it, but as the progress through the year I liked to add in more challenging activities.

This is an all-year activity and one I start right away when introducing Spelling Station.

Decorating spelling words is one of my favorite activities.  The kids can take the spelling words and jazz them up while writing them using rainbow colors, squiggly lines, adding dots to the letters, etc. This is a fun one and the kids always enjoy being able to show some creativity while practicing their spelling.


This is one of the changes I make after second quarter when I put the stamps away.  The kids also enjoy using the magnets to spell their words.


 I add this station idea mid-year too.  This is a great way to differentiate for those higher students who don't really need to practice the words a billion times.  Instead of just writing the words, they have to use them in sentences or in a story. 

This is another mid-year station. We start talking about ABC order and alphabetizing at the beginning of the year, but it definitely takes some time for the kiddos to pick it up. I add this station in 3rd or 4th quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment