Five for Friday - April 28

Wow! Where did the month of April go? Summer will be here before we know it! I'm linking up with Kacey over at Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday. Here's what we were up to this week...


We started our next PBL this week.  For this PBL, students research important figures in history - George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr., and Rosa Parks.

This week students found out who they were researching and started brainstorming questions about their person.

We also got started on research this week.  Students use books, online text, and videos to research. This kiddo decided to organize her information using a tree map! Can't wait to see where this project takes us!


Oh my goodness! I would love to speak to whoever created these "fidget spinners" and ask them what they were thinking. Since spring break, these things have been coming into my classroom and multiplying every day! And, I love when I tell the students no they can't have them, that they tell me it helps me focus. I call baloney on that. They only thing it's done is distract that child and the children near them.  I just don't get it!  Rant over... lol

This week we started reviewing for our upcoming standardized testing. I broke our math standards down into categories and we're focusing on a different area each day. For place value, students completed Place Value Around the Room. I'm changing up the way we review the material each day to make it a little more fun.  Check out my blog post on my Place Value Review...here...

Last Friday we had our big Earth Day celebration at school and yesterday we had Field Day. Here are the cute shirts the staff and students got.  We had five different activities and the grade level classes competed against each other.


My school celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week this week. How cute is this basket! It was filled with all kinds of teaching goodies!

Peanut Butter M&M's are my favorite candy, but what's funnier is my student with the peanut allergy was the one who brought me these.  Cracked me up!

And how adorable is this! I love this memento from my class.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Summer is almost here!

2 comments:

  1. I love visiting with you each week! Second graders are such a fun age. Next week we are beginning a biography project so I found your brainstorming questions wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you iTeach 2nd!! Appreciate you always stopping by. Second grade is a great age to teach! Second and first are my favorites. Glad you found the brainstorming questions helpful. Hope your kids enjoy their biography project!
      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete