Five for Friday - February 3

Crazy that it is already February! January flew by! After missing last week, I'm back to link up with Kacey over at Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday. Check out our busy week below...



So I don't have Amazon Prime, but I do now see what all the fuss is about.  We were low on class snacks and one of my parents graciously offered to order some from Amazon Pantry/Prime.  And much to my pleasant surprise - three huge boxes like the one pictured above, arrived with snacks.  Right to the school! We will probably be covered on snacks until the end of the year!

I posted my newest product to TPT this week. Check out the strategies we used for division and also my Division Story Problems on my blog post...here...

We love coding! I even enjoy coding with the kids! We've been working on code.org's different lessons and it is amazing! I love how the kids can move along at their own speed and the lessons continue to get more challenging as the go! We're going to have some code geniuses by the time the year is complete.

We had our second field trip of the year on Monday. We went to a theater at UNLV and watched the play Charlotte's Web. It was so cute and the kids really enjoyed it since we read Charlotte's Web as a class in November.

We've been working on our third Writing Workshop Unit - Opinions.  This book from Lucy Calkin's Units of Study has us working on writing letters to share our opinions on books. Above I modeled an example using the book - Seriously, Cinderella is So Annoying! If you haven't read that book or checked the books out where the fairy tale is told from a different point of view, I highly recommend it!

Hope everyone has a great Super Bowl weekend!




1 comment:

  1. I did a unit on different versions of Cinderella once, and Seriously, Cinderella is So Annoying was a huge hit! Love the "Dear Reader" letter!

    ReplyDelete