Five for Friday - February 17

Yay for a 3 day weekend!! These weeks have been crazy and Spring Break is still far away, but a 3 day weekend will help for now! I'm linking up with Kacey over at Doodle Bugs Teaching for another week of Five for Friday...


I'm loving how hard my kids are working on their book study for the book - I Survived The Great Chicago Fire.  The partnership working on this book are really into it and have had some great insightful answers.  This book study can be found in my TPT store...here...



Oh...editing...such a tough skill for second graders. This week to help reinforce the editing skills we've been working on (spelling, complete sentences, end marks, capitals, etc) I had my small groups work on editing a story. It's funny how it's so much easier for them to edit someone else's work than catch mistakes in their own...but I guess that's how it is for everyone!  So...we'll keep at it...keep practicing and hopefully it'll start to stick and they'll be able to apply it soon!


We had a great time at our Valentine's Party on Tuesday. Check out what we did in my blog post - Valentine's Day Recap.


Oh conferences.... This coming Tuesday we have our next round of student-led/ parent-teacher conferences! At this conference, we go over each student's three goals on their Personal Learning Plan (PLP) that are tailored to that child's specific needs.  I also decided to whip up this little Reading Update sheet as another way to give more info at the conferences.  Some of the kids goals are reading-focused, but some aren't, so I thought this would be a great way to quickly update parents on all reading areas.


I had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Got some fun and yummy goodies from my students and beautiful flowers from my husband! Hope everyone else had a great Valentine's Day too!

Enjoy the 3 day weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment