Five for Friday - January 6

The new year is finally here! I think I've managed to write 2017 correctly all week....which is a big deal lol.  I'm back linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. See what I've been up to the past week below....




So how cute are these! Melonheadz made these adorable New Year's Resolutions sheets and my kiddos did a great job coming up with goals.  They were detailed and made goals that fit them, their interests, and needs. I was proud of how hard they worked on it and it'll make the perfect bulletin board for the New Year.  Check out Melonheadz freebie here....



We started multiplication this week. This is something the 2nd graders always look forward to and they are waiting and waiting for us to begin this unit.  This was Day 2 of Multiplication. We learned about arrays and the kids used Skittles to make arrays - and of course ate some :-).  
Stay tuned...Sunday I will have a post explaining how I introduce multiplication and a quick game idea.

This week we practiced finding and editing possessive nouns. The kiddos worked in groups on my Grammar Fix It - Apostrophes - Possessives cards.  Now, lazy teacher here - I really should've cut these out, but you can leave them together for time saving purposes.  The packet also includes larger cards (8.5x11) and this smaller option that can be cut. Check it out in my TPT store, here.


New Year's Resolution here. Not too specific - but I need balance and I need to find time to work on me. The gym is calling my name this weekend as is some meal prep! Looking forward to making healthier choices this year (after our staff happy hour today lol).


My parents are Ohio State alum and I got to join them for the Fiesta Bowl last weekend. Even though the game didn't go as they hoped, we still had a lot of fun and I always love a visit back to Phoenix even if it is a quick one.

Hope everyone had a great first week of 2017!



4 comments:

  1. I love that used skittles to make arrays! We started multiplication before Christmas Break and all we used were boring blocks!

    Erin
    Chevron and Crayons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I saw it somewhere on Pinterest! Blocks work great too!
      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  2. I love the Best Project quote. Makes you stop and think about what is important in life. Happy New Year.
    Beti
    Once a Teacher,Always a Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely spoke to me too! Hope you have a good start to the new year!
      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete