Five for Friday - November 18

At noon today we begin Thanskgiving Break! We have the whole week off and I could not be more ready for a whole week break.  For those of you that do not have a whole week off, I am sorry. I know how hard it is to try to teach the 2.5 days before Thanksgiving and keep the little ones on track. Since it was a full week, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. Here's what we've been up to...


On Monday, we had a treasure hunt to find out what our next PBL project would be about. We are going to start learning about maps.  After researching maps, students will be creating their own island and then burying their own pirate treasure on it (with directions). The kids had fun on our treasure hunt and got some little goodies at the end!

I love Kahoot. And my kids love Kahoot.  This was our first time trying Kahoot with partners. We've only done it as a whole class before. They did great! We worked on a geometry Kahoot that someone else had made.

Today is Grandparent's Day at our school and my class will be doing a Charlotte's Web Reader's Theater.  We got the scripts yesterday and students highlighted their parts before practicing.  This will be quite a hoot.  I have some very fun, dramatic personalities in my room who have been waiting for their acting debut.



Speaking of Charlotte's Web here are two funny things from it this week.  This first picture is from a student's answer to our morning meeting question "What was your favorite part of Charlotte's Web?" One - I really hope he didn't lick the book. 2 - Apparently we still need to work on our silent e, long vowel type words.
My second student has made up a very interesting name for Henry Fussy.  Have no idea where he got Gribe Grumpson from but it made me laugh.

I have a new post up from this week about teaching elapsed time. Check it out for some ideas and elapsed time story problems.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! This weekend I'll be decorating for Christmas! Can't wait!!!!



1 comment: