Five for Friday - September 9

Is it just me....or does a short week...actually feel longer??? I feel like 4 day weeks should fly by, and they just don't! Oh well. I'm back with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday.


This is nothing fancy, but it got the job done.  This week in phonics we were working on long a and long e made with ai, ay, ee, and ea.  I made up this quick little sort just using index cards and had the kids work in groups to sort the words.  Like I said - nothing fancy, but it was good practice and good team building.

    
I love my portable word wall. This was definitely more work than I anticipated, but I love how it turned out. I highly recommend using just regular index cards instead of typing and cutting out the words.  Not smart on my part. Very time consuming. But it did turn out well. I put second grade high frequency words, student's names, teacher's names at our school, and other important things, places, etc that might kids might use in their writing pieces.

Hallelujah! My projector is working! My projector quit working at Meet the Teacher. 3 days before school started. This is not the time to have no projector. My projector hasn't worked for the first 12 days of school. Again - not good timing.  However, the amazing IT person figured it out and we are back in business.  It is amazing how much I use technology when teaching and I'm so glad to have it back. The kids were excited to use GoNoodle today on a bigger screen.  I had to resort to holding up my iPad for Go Noodle time...not the same.  

 
I love my Sit Spots! My principal was so nice and ordered me some since I didn't have a rug anymore.  I finally put them down and love it. They're small so they're not in the way, but it's so nice for the kids to have specific places for them to be when we're on the carpet.

Last weekend on the 3 day weekend, I was lucky enough to go down to the Strip and visit some of my favorite spots. That is one of the big perks of living in Las Vegas. You have many things to do!! We hit up the Bellagio gardens, the fountains, and the Linq area.  Great time, great company, and great weather!

Have a great weekend!!

Follow me on...

 




No comments:

Post a Comment