Five for Friday - August 5

Wow! First week of August is done. I have one more week to go until teachers go back for set-up and meetings.  This summer has flown by!  I'm linking back up with Doodle Bugs Teaching again for another Five for Friday.  Check out what I've been up to this week...


   

This was the last week of my summer math workshop class. One of our focuses this week was geometry.  The kids loved building 2D and 3D shapes using the Dive Into Shapes Kit.  I got it through the Scholastic Bonus Points Catalog and it's well worth the bonus points! The kit includes cards directing students how to build the different shapes.  They also can build 3D items and practice fractions.
Oh the labeling and the class list! I was hoping to start labeling, but no go.  No class list for a little while longer.  I love this from the Hardcore Teacher Resources. Every year, without fail, I've labeled a billion things with the name that is provided to me in the computer system to then find out they go by something else.  And, it's even better when it's like the picture and the name they go by has nothing to do with their given name. If parents only knew we spent hours and I mean hours, putting their child's name on EVERYTHING!

My Opinion Writing Prompt cards are one of my more popular items in my TPT store.  As I have been updating items and changing covers, I took a peek at this one and went WOAH!! This was one of my first products and boy has my style changed.  So, the opinion cards have gotten a much needed facelift! If you have already purchased them, please re-download.  I've added additional cards and made it more my style.  I do have two different versions for printing.  One version is the bright colors shown above and the other is a little more printer friendly!

Last weekend Andy and I celebrated our one-year anniversary. Our anniversary was in June, but due to my dental surgery and his crazy schedule we had to move celebrating to a little later in the summer.  We went back to AZ Grand where we got married and had a wonderful time!! Above you can see one of our favorite spots at the hotel.  We had our engagement pictures, wedding ceremony, and now a first year anniversary picture all in about the same spot!! 


A few more pictures from AZ.  I love AZ. I went to ASU and taught in AZ for about 6 years, so AZ will always hold a special place in my heart.  While we visited, we went to the water park at the hotel and to the Low Key Piano Bar (formerly the Big Bang). I love a good piano bar! So much fun!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Follow me on...

 

10 comments:

  1. I love that meme! Happens to me all the time, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...every year!!! I even try to talk to the teachers the year before to see if there are any nicknames, but that doesn't always work either.

      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  2. I totally pinned the meme! And Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it. I'm so glad I got it for my shapes unit. I even ordered a second one! Scholastic Bonus Catalog has some great things in it!
      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  4. I feel your labeling pain - if parents only knew! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know - if they knew how long we take labeling and how important it is to us lol.

      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  5. Looks like you've had a great summer! I am so glad we get our class lists at the end of the previous year so everything is done for when we go back - I feel for all you guys who are still waiting!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary!!! That meme is hilarious!! Last year was a very crazy year with names! It seemed like so many of the students went by their middle names! I remember the 1st day when we actually rotated classes, I kept calling out names, and the students were like, 'I go by (fill in the blank with the weirdest name possible).' By the last class, I was like, 'Let me guess... your name is Emma, but you go by Christina!' LOL!

    ReplyDelete