Five for Friday - July 15

Halfway through July and exactly one month until teachers are due back at my school for teacher training.  Summer needs to SLOW down!!  I'm back linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching. Link up with her at Five for Friday, here.  



In my math summer workshop class this week, we've been playing lots of games to practice our addition and subtraction skills. The top picture is a game called "Addition Splat." I got it on Scholastic using bonus points. They also have a "Subtraction Splat." It's a fun game to practice addition and subtraction fact fluency.

The bottom picture is a game I found on K-5 Math Teaching Resources. If you haven't used this site before, I definitely recommend. They have games and activities broken down by grade level and strand.  The game we played was Find the Largest Sum. Students had 10 cards and had to make 2 five-digit numbers with them. The goal was to end up with the largest sum, so you wanted to carefully position your cards when making your five-digit number.

On Tuesday, my husband, Andy and I went to watch NBA Summer League which is in Las Vegas every year.  It's so neat to see players that played on my husband's high school team, make it to the NBA.  I love being a part of their journey and getting to see them grow up from high school, to college, to then hopefully NBA if that is in their plan.  
Earlier this week I shared a post on how I organize my classroom library.  I've kept it this same way for about 8 years now and it has worked very well for me and my kids (first grade and second grade). I also explain how I document AR information in the books.  Check it out here.
  
I've also been busy updating this week. Man, were some of my TPT items a little out-of-date and needing some work. It's funny to see some of the first items you posted and then a year or two later how things have changed. I'm in the middle of updating all of my products. My book studies were the first to be updated.  I will actually be having a book study sale next week - Tuesday and Wednesday. All of my book studies will be 20% off.  I'll also be revealing my newest book study for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  Be sure to check out my sale!

So, in the whole moving into the new house process which we did in April. My closet was one of the last things to be organized. I kept putting it off...and throwing clothes on the floor.  Not good lol. So this week I finally tackled my closet. I have it all organized and you can actually see the floor!  We'll see how long this lasts!


Have a wonderful weekend!

Follow me on...

 

4 comments:

  1. I too return to work in a month! Where did the Summer go?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It always seems to start slow and then before you know it - it's over! Enjoy yoru last month of break!

      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  2. I go back in one month, too! I enjoyed your library post, I really like the idea of having the label in the book match the one on the bin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I find it really helps the kids keep it organized. Have a good weekend!
      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete