Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Book Study

My newest book study is now ready and up on TPT for sale and it's on sale today and tomorrow only.  Every year in second grade we do a whole class novel study with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. This year, I created some check-ins and writing responses to go along with the book.  Check it out below.

Here is an example of a Charlie Check-In.  There are 9 check-ins. I divided up the chapters about every 20 pages or so.  I used the check-ins as quiz/formative assessment. These could be used a few different ways. They could be used as homework after reading the chapters, a quiz or check-in, or an independent or partner book study response.  See how I use partner book studies in my classroom, click here.  

Here is a sample of an answer key that goes along with the Charlie Check-Ins.
When we finished reading Charlie, I had the students work on some written responses.  In the book study packet, four different responses are included.  Each response has an option for writing paper with just lines or writing paper with a box for a picture and lines. There is also an additional sheet of lined paper included for students who need more room.

To celebrate Charlie being launched and the rest of my book studies being updated, I'm having a Book Study Sale in my TPT store - Jordan Johnson.  All book studies will be 20% off Tuesday, July 19 and Wednesday, July 20.
Happy Shopping!
Follow me on...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment