Five for Friday - October 9

This sure felt like one loooonnnggg week.  But, it's Friday and I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.  Link up here...
 
 
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the weekend, but this past weekend Andy and I took a last minute trip to AZ. Again we were gone less than 48 hours almost lol.  He was going down for work and I came along for the ride. I was able to see a friend or two in Phoenix and then hang out and stay with my family down in Tucson. It was so nice to see my family and friends!  I definitely miss AZ and am excited to go back out in December!


I know with all of the bad flooding in the south I should not complain.  But, we had a very rainy day...and it was on a Monday...which made for a very long Monday.  In Vegas when it rains, we tend to get downpours. We were stuck in the lunchroom which is a different building on campus for an extra 30 minutes due to that downpour.  The kids were quite crazy because we don't see rain too often.  And, I'm grateful for that!




My kids are rocking and rolling on math stations. I was so excited to add some new games from our envision program this week. They definitely make the kids think and I love games as a way to practice math.  I'll post more on my math stations soon.





We're getting ready to introduce vocabulary station.  I like to introduce the station tasks one at a time and ideally have the kids practice whole group. This way everyone is exposed to it and I can monitor the activity. This week, we took our reading vocabulary words and wrote a story with a partner.  They did an awesome job and even came up with the idea of underlining their words before I told them too!




We had our first field trip yesterday. We wen to Channel 8. The kids loved it! I loved it! I always think it's fascinating to learn about other careers and the news station has a ton of neat jobs.  The tour guide was fantastic and even let the kids play around with the green screen area that they use for weather! It was an awesome field trip!
 
Have a great weekend!
  
Follow me on...

 

8 comments:

  1. I wish I could take a class to the TV station for a field trip. We were lucky enough to do a video project with a meteorologist one year for our weather unit. The kids loved it. Have a great weekend!
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the kids loved it! The video project sounds like a great way to learn about weather too! Have a good weekend!

      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  2. I love field trips! This one looks like a great one. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was! The kids had a great time - chaperones too :-).

      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  3. What an excellent idea to go to the TV station. My daughter works at our local station......that gives me an idea.....
    Always Primary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out! There are so many standards that can be talked about and it gives kids a great chance to learn about many different jobs that they could have some day in the future!

      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete