Birthdays in the Classroom

I've been at 3 different schools and they all handled birthdays a little differently. The school I'm currently at celebrates them the most that I have seen.  On a child's birthday or half birthday, they are able to bring a treat to share with the class at the end of the day. We have a little party for them. 
 
At some point in the day, we do Koo Koo Kangaroo - Birthday Song on GoNoodle. This is quite a cute song and a fun way to celebrate in addition to the traditional "Happy Birthday" song we sing before we hand out treats.  I also let students during their little "party" pick out their favorite GoNoodle video for the whole class to do.
 
Image result for koo koo kangaroo birthday boogie
 
 
I also give out the homework passes as a bday gift. I shared this on a Monday Made-It a few weeks ago.


 
And, my newest thing is this little bday sign. I bought these frames at Michael's last year and haven't quite been able to figure out what to do with them. I decided to use one as a bday sign for the student's desk.  It provides recognition of their special day and makes them stand out in a positive way. I tried it out yesterday and the student loved having it.
 
 
How does your school handle birthdays?? Do you celebrate in a big or small way?

Follow me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment