Five for Friday - September 26

In addition to not posting regularly the last few weeks (man those first weeks are hard especially at a new school) I haven't linked up with Five for Friday in awhile.  So this week I decided to link back up with Doodle Bug for her Five for Friday.







In Math, we've been working on a variety of strategies for double digit addition.  My kids like the algorithm, but have no idea why it works or the conceptual understanding behind it. So, we've gone back to place value model, empty number line, and breaking numbers apart/expanded notation. I'm seeing great progress already!
 
 
We just got our subscription set-up for Spelling City. I'm excited to get going on it. Anyone else use it? Any tips?
 
 

We love GoNoodle brain breaks. We've been using it since the first day, but this caught my attention the other day. How cute do they all look linking up to do the kickline in Best Friends by Koo Koo Kangaroo. 
 
 


One of my new favorite read alouds. I read it to my 2nd graders last year and we're almost done with it this year. I love Junie B. Jones so Clementine is very similar.  It's nice to have another funny character since Junie B is kind of played out with the kiddos by 2nd grade.
 
 




Last week, Andy and I went to AZ to do our wedding tasting.  It was so much fun and the food was AMAZING!  Here's a picture from our night out in AZ. It was nice to get away for the weekend!
 
Have a great Friday and be sure to link up with Doodle Bug!
 
 
 
Follow me on...








 
 

2 comments: