Favorite Pins Friday - July 12

I am linking up again with Cara Carroll at The First Grade Parade for Favorite Pins Friday.

 
Here are my favorites this week...
 
I love, love, love plastic storage bins.  I should buy stock in Sterilite with how many I buy.  I found this cute, easy way to decorate them with ducktape - simple and more fashionable.
 
 
I found this great monthly calendar with lots of space for writing. I thought this would be perfect to lay out the weekly standards and use for planning. And the best part, it's free!
 
 
I use the Clip Chart system in my classroom and stumbled upon this form the other day to explain poor behavior to parents. I had a form I've been using the last few years, but this one is a little easier for the kiddos to fill out and a half sheet so it saves paper!

 
This story looks adorable and is recommended to use for teaching persuasive writing and how to write letters. I'm always looking for new books for the classroom and I'll be adding this one to my list!
 
I'm looking forward to exploring data notebooks this year for students.  I found this awesome website with a number of great ideas of how to use them in the classroom.
 
 
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

 




5 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan! I just found your blog through the linky and I'm glad I did. I'm just starting out in Second Grade this year and I use to be in First Grade. I've been teaching First Grade for five years and I'm excited about Second Grade. I'm getting a tad bit nervous though :(.

    Stephanie
    The Learning Chambers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! I completely understand that feeling. I'm nervous too, but the good thing is that the kiddos starting 2nd grade should be right where our first graders left off - so at least we know where we're starting with them. I'm going to follow your blog too - I look forward to sharing ideas with you!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  2. You gotta love duct tape. I cannot believe how many patterns there are these days! Lookin forward to sharing ideas!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista!
      Me too. Thanks for following me. I'm going to check out your blog as soon as I'm done typing this comment. Love duct tape - and it's so cute now!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  3. I love the bins with the tape. I might have to try that:)

    ReplyDelete