Parent/Teacher Conference Week

It's the week that some teacher's dread, but I happen to find very enjoyable...Parent/Teacher Conferences week.  For some reason, I really enjoy this week and having the time to sit with parents and chat about all of the great things their kiddos are doing and all of the progress they have made so far this year.  This year it's even easier because I have all of my data in one place....my Data Notebook Binder.  In years past, I've had a binder with reading stuff, a binder with math stuff, and stuff in piles.  This year, I'm all organized. 

Of course, I had to make a cute cover. 
 
Inside, I have a tab for each child. I chose the dividers with the pocket in the front so I could have a place for papers that don't fit so easily in the binder. 
 
Behind each tab, I have the following items:
-Quick Phonics Screener (by far my favorite reading assessment)
-High Frequency Word Assessment
-Phonemic Awareness Assessment (for students who struggled on DIBELS only)
-1st Quarter Math Counting Assessment
-Problem Solving Assessment for 1st Quarter
-Counting Items Assessment
 
 
 
This has made conferences so much easier so far...only 2 more days to go!

2 comments:

  1. Hoping your conferences wrapped up well! Happy to have found you on one of my blog hops!! I'm your newest follower - Lisa :)
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Conferences did go very well and thank you for being my newest follower! I'm excited to check your blog out too! Hope you're having a good Halloween week with your first grade class!

      Jordan
      Team V's First Grade Fun

      Delete