Literacy Stations - Reading Response Station Ideas

Today I'm going to share the tasks that are included in my Reading Response Station. I did not use Reading Response Station in first grade, however it's worked really well in 2nd grade and up. I think younger kids could use it, the tasks would just need to be differentiated.

For Reading Response Station, students write their responses in a spiral notebook.  They can write about a book they are currently reading or a past book.  I've found these ideas online over the years and compiled them into one list. So, I cannot take credit for the ideas - just know they are a compilation of research online for reading response ideas.

Here are the I can options:

  • I can write a diary entry from the perspective of one of the character's in my book.
  • I can write a letter to the author telling them what I like and didn't like in their book.
  • I can write a newspaper article about an event in the book.
  • I can write a new ending to a book that I have read.
  • I can write interview questions to interview a character in my book.
  • I can write my opinion of my book or one of the characters.




Thanks for reading all about my ideas for Reading Response Station.  Check back Tuesday to see what I include in my Vocabulary Station.

Check out past Literacy Station blog posts:
Introduction
Set-Up

1 comment:

  1. This reading response idea is very amazing. This will definitely improve the learning skills of the kids. Thanks for sharing this us. Now it's time to avail water bottle for more information.

    ReplyDelete