Monday Made-It- August 4


I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for another Monday Made-It.


This week I made my new bday student gift. My kids loved the crazy straws last year so I decided to do those again.  Here's how I made it...
 
1. Buy Crazy Straw from the Dollar Store - 6 came in a pack...


2. Make a little tag so people know what it's for. 




3. Cut out circles. I saw this done before and liked that they looked like little balloons once they were finished. I used cardstock paper from Michaels and also my Martha Stewart Circle Cutter (love this tool!)




4. Then, I glued on the note and then taped the straw to the back. I tried hole punching and tried to put the straw through the circle, but it just looked bad and squished the paper, which I didn't like. So....tape it is!




5. Then, I made the little container to hold them. I love the plastic paint containers/buckets (not sure what these are really called) from Michaels. I cut scrapbook paper and taped it inside. I love the colors on this paper and love the polka dots.



And voila - here it is!





Since these containers only hold so much without falling over I decided to have 2 - 12 straws in each.... I thought about getting the big container but also didn't want them falling all over if it was too big. So, I decided to stick with the smaller size and have two.




Hope everyone has a good Monday!


Also, be sure to check out the TPT Blast Off Back to School Sale - my whole store is 20% off and technically 28% off with the TPT code "BTS2014"




Follow me on...
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Ana from Spain. I like your blog. I have been teacher for 23 years. I am always looking for new ideas, and young teachers like you have lots of them. I'll do my best to write a bit in English in my blog of teacher "Una maestra al borde de un ataque de nervios" (http://anahannah.lacoctelera.net/), because I have another about patchwork. I repeat: your blog is very interesting. Thanks for it.
    kisses from Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana!

      Thanks for the sweet comments all the way from Spain! Glad you're finding the blog useful! Hope you're having a good school year!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  2. I love the birthday crazy straws. I think that will be my project for this week. I was getting bored with birthday pencils. So creative. Thanks for sharing!

    Kim
    Quinnessential Lessons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I used to do pencils too, but it's fun to change it up every once in awhile.

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete