Five for Friday - May 5

The countdown is on.  Only 18.5 days left after today! I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. Here's what we were up to the first week of May...


I started a little, end of the year blog series. Every Wednesday for the month of May, I'll be sharing a quick end-of-the-school-year tip.  This week's tip was about planning and To Do lists. Check it out - here...



Morning Message Tip - I like to have students respond to our Morning Message on sticky notes. I know they could just write on the board, but the sticky notes give them time to work on it at their seats, come up with their "own" answers, and lessens the chance of just copying an answer already up there. This also gives students room to show work if needed. 

We started our last book study of the year this week - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The kids always love this book! Every day we read about 20 pages and every day they groan at the end because they want to read more!  I love that this book is entertaining and captures their attention. To check their comprehension of the book, they do Charlie Check-Ins the next day. These are a part of my Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Book Study in my TPT Store. It's a great way to quickly check comprehension throughout the book.




I love my room parents! They have come up with cute, unique things for my classroom all year long. The last theme they picked fits with Dr. Seuss's book - Oh, The Places You'll Go. It turned out so cute! I love the hanging hot air balloons!

I'm a huge country fan and we were able to go to David Nail's country concert last weekend. I had seen him in AZ a few years ago so it was fun to see him play again.  

Hope everyone has a good weekend! The countdown is on...we can make it!



2 comments:

  1. I loved Charlie and The Chocolate Factory when I was a kid! Great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! The kids can't get enough of it! They always want to keep reading!

      Jordan
      Team J's Second Grade Fun

      Delete