Five For Friday - July 11

It's been forever since I've linked up with Doodle Bug for Five for Friday so I decided to join back in today.

My fiancé and I are moving into a brand new and I mean brand spanking new apartment in August. So, we've been furniture and mattress shopping.  We finally found a mattress we liked and took advantage of the 4th of July sales, but my goodness...mattresses are expensive!

 
These are my brand new Nike shoes that I got to design.  My fiancé got them for me! So excited to try these out...especially since I've been trying to be really good about working out for the wedding.



One of my school projects this week.  I typed up my standards for my new school and then put them in sheet protectors with a binder ring to keep them organized and easy to get to.

 
And, back to the moving.  We are moving in a month and I'm also moving into a new classroom in a month. August will be crazy busy.  That being said, I needed to do some major clean out.  I will admit and confess that I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to school stuff.  I even had files saved from my first and only year so far of 3rd grade in case I needed it again.  Well the time came to go through everything and let's just say the recycling bin is quite full this week.  Now, the next task is organizing all of the stuff I kept into binders.



As I mentioned above, I'm trying to work out a ton with the wedding next year.  I also want to just be healthier.  A few weeks ago I got the FitBit, which tracks your steps, flights of stairs, calories, active minutes, and can even track your sleep. I love it.  Something about being able to check in during the day on it keeps me motivated.  Does anyone else have one?

 
 
Follow me on...
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. I feel like all teachers have a hoarding tendency. It's hard to get rid of different materials. I too am in the process of switching from files to binders and it is not fun! Hang in there!

    Super cute Nike's by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah!
      I agree - most teachers do tend to hoard things. Good luck to you in the binder switchover too. I know I'll be happy once they're done - the process just isn't fun!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  2. I had a Fit Bit but didn't like it. I now have a Fit Bit Zip which clips to you. It's just a pedometer which Is all I used the bracelet model for anyway! Good luck with August!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carol,
      Thanks for stopping by! Mine clips too! I like that better than the bracelet and you can move it around depending on what you're wearing.

      Have a good rest of your summer!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  3. Mattresses are crazy expensive! Though a few years ago my husband and I got a memory foam mattress, totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs. Ashline,
      Thanks for stopping by! Those memory foam ones are super nice! That'll be our next purchase...well, in like 10 years when we need another mattress lol.

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  4. I'm frugal so I use the free apps-MapmyWalk, MapmyRide, MapmyRun. I was introduced to these just last week and have been very pleased. I teach 2nd too (although my blog button says Learn With ME in Grade 3. I recently just named by blog-Learn with ME!
    Congrats on the wedding-Good luck with all your organizing, healthy eating, and exercising.
    Learn with ME in Grade Three

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delena,
      Appreciate you stopping by! I haven't seen those apps - I'll have to check them out. I'll definitely come check your blog out. Have you taught 2nd before?

      Have a good rest of your summer!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the moves! I moved my classroom last week and it was a great opportunity to purge! I moved from fourth grade to second grade, so I'm glad that I found your blog!

    -Meg
    TalesandTeacherisms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meg!
      Thanks for stopping by! You'll love 2nd grade! Hope your school year starts off well!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete
  6. Hi Jordan,

    This is my first time to your wonderful blog! First off, good luck on your move - so exciting! Also, those running shoes are great. I love the colors. (And I love to work out!) I am engaged too but no date yet. It's my second time around but this time it's my soul mate :) Next time you think about the crazy mattress prices - come to Canada! Lol Average price is $1000. Of course average house price for a tear down in Vancouver is $1 million! Yikes! Good luck with everything!

    :) Shelley
    The Write Stuff Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley!
      So glad you found my blog! Appreciate all of your well wishes. Hope you and your fiancé have fun picking a date! And, I had no idea Canada was so expensive for mattresses lol. The house price is crazy too! Hope you're enjoying your summer!

      Jordan
      Team V's Second Grade Fun

      Delete