Five for Friday - December 9

One more week to go until Christmas Break! We can do it!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another week of Five for Friday. Check out what we've been up to below....


We started working on money this week. To start us off, we did a number talk with coin numbers - 25+25+10+10+5.  Afterwards we discussed how they could represent coins and how we can add coins using mental math.

Oh the static electricity of winter coats! We got quite a laugh this week with some of my friend's crazy hair situations after being outside with their winter coat.  It's the little things that make us laugh...

These cupcake tins are a brilliant idea! I saw someone do this on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. I wrote different amounts in all of the cupcake tins and then the students had to put the coins in to equal that amount! Loved it!


Oh...our elf Snowy! Check back tomorrow for my blog post about Snowy's adventures in our room during Week 2 of Elf on the Shelf.


My students loved using code.org and completing an Hour of Code this week! I gave it a try too! Was very fun! I wish I had stuff like this when I was in school!

Have a wonderful weekend! Stay strong! Christmas break is almost here!



1 comment:

  1. Great idea with the money cups! I'm going to check out the code.org. Thanks!
    iTeach 2nd

    ReplyDelete