Five for Friday - December 16

I know Kacey from Doodle Bug's Teaching is taking a break...but I'm in such a good habit that I couldn't let a week go by without doing a Five for Friday.



So our elf this week hid candy canes around the room for the kids to find.  So, two of my girls decided to make a comic about it during Writing Station.  They called it Candy Cane Coincidences.  I love how they connected events in the classroom and used it for their writing.

This is our parent gift. Yes, it is cute.  No, it was not easy to make. Yes, in theory, it was supposed to be easy.  However, problem 1 - the plastic ornaments from Amazon came and many were cracked. And some were so badly cracked we couldn't use them.  Problem 2 - the whole they snap together easily thing was not true...not true at all.  The frustration that mounted after having them pop open multiple times and brown paper fall on me was too much to handle lol.  So, yes they did turn out cute.  But, not as student friendly for making as I had hoped.  What do you do for your student gifts for parents?

Oh is this true! We start break at noon today...and I'm counting the hours.  And, I'm sorry for those of you that still have to go next week.  I can't imagine....


One of my students is moving to Sweden over break so we had a little good-bye party for her. Each student wrote her a note and we made her a little book of them.  I thought the one above was especially cute. I love how he said "I will always keep you in my head."  Kids are too sweet...



Last weekend my parents came to visit! It was great catching up and hanging out with them.  We checked out the beautiful Bellagio Christmas display and went to the Michael Jackson One show - which is amazing! It was my second time seeing it and I could already go again!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment